California City Disaster Alliance
In the event of a disaster or other qualified emergency, check this page for evacuation location and other emergency announcements.
Before an Earthquake:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food (this includes your pets!)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towlettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter, or solar charger
- A contact card for each adult family member that can be kept in a wallet or a backpack for easy access in an emergency.
- Identify an out-of-state relative to be a point of contact in the event of an emergency as it may be easier to make long-distance calls than cross-country calls.
- Walk through your house and look for items that might fall off shelves and secure them with putty
- Keep an eye out for tall, heavy items such as: bookcases, home electronics, appliances (including water heaters), and items hanging from walls or ceilings. Secure these with fasteners.
- Ensure plumbers have installed flexible connectors on all gas appliances.